Struggle



I feel trapped. All this while I long to be home, but when I really do, somehow I feel trapped. I love my parents of course, but sometimes I wish for reserved space of my own. It's not that I don't want to connect with them, but rather I feel that I need some time off for myself. I still love them, though their care can sometimes be overwhelming. They would just barge in the room early morning to wake me up, and I don't appreciate the way they do it. They have been saying that I'm hiding a lot of things from them, well, how am I supposed to talk to them all about my feelings when the first thing they do is judge? I appreciate the advice and whatnot but that's not what I need. 

Absolute honesty requires the listener to be non-judgmental.

If their reaction could be less sensitive, less judgmental, more understanding, I would have told them how I feel. I tried my best from not hiding, but the lack of understanding and empathy make me hesitate. There are so many things on my mind lately that I haven't had a chance to sort it out, and all I try is to sleep it off. When they say something, I just keep quiet and minimise my response. I don't find it necessary to explain anymore, cause when I tried, they understand but they will not accept it.

Then I stopped trying. 


Comments

Popular Posts